Sherwin-Williams R&D Intern in States, United States
Title: R&D Intern
Location: United States-North Carolina-Greensboro
Job Number: 180004Q2
Interns will be assigned to a specific lab and project team where they will have periodic reviews to evaluate their performance.
This opportunity will allow them to gain experience in work groups and other R&D professionals at Sherwin-Williams.
- Provide support to technicians, chemists and scientists within assigned Research & Development Group.
- Perform a variety of laboratory tasks utilizing general instruments and advanced lab equipment.
- Collaborate with other research and development team members to complete required tasks, including process chemistry and engineering and material science research groups.
- Complete appropriate research documentation, calculations, and data analysis and effectively communicate these results with supervisor and team members.
- Prepare basic samples, materials, equipment, and other required tools for laboratory tests or development.
- Perform basic technical development, tests, analyses, and research based on formulas and project requirements.
- Complete appropriate forms and documentation regarding research and development processes, tasks, results, reports and conclusions; receives direction from other technicians or chemists on specialized or complex issues.
- Perform basic calculations to prepare, perform, and conclude tests and analyses.
- Clean, maintain and calibrate standard equipment and maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. on occasion
- Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- May work in areas where toxic, flammable, and hazardous materials are present.
- Must have a High School diploma or the equivalent of a High School diploma
- Must have a current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's or PD.D. Degree in a science field
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week (first shift) for a total of 12 weeks-- Currently enrolled in a college or university as at least a sophomore and actively working towards a degree in any of the following:
coatings, chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, or polymer science
- Basic understanding of laboratory practices and safety
- Microsoft Word for technical reporting and Excel for data analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Currently at a Sophomore or Junior standing
- Actively working towards a degree in any of the following:
coatings, chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, or polymer science.
- Chemistry majors
- Local candidates
- Has completed minimum of 2 semesters of Organic Chemistry
- Ideal candidate will have previous work experience in a lab
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.