Macy's Macy's Long Island and NYC Metro Districts: District Director, Big Ticket in Hicksville, New York
* Job Overview: *
As District Director, Big Ticket you will drive Big Ticket sales and profitability for all stores within assigned district, and supervise sales managers in assigned BT Furniture Galleries in partnership with store and district team. Key responsibilities include training, motivating and developing Big Ticket teams to drive sales. Perform other duties as assigned.
This position may be based out of any of the district offices listed in the job posting title.
Essential Functions: *
• Coach, train, motivate and develop Furniture Gallery sales managers and sales associates to drive sales and maximize profitability.
• Foster a best in class selling and customer experience Big Ticket organization. • Develop Big Ticket Sales Manager’s ability to drive sales in a commission environment. • Leverage MYSA (My SOCR Assistant), WNM and AUR to drive sales and develop a highly engaged clientele culture. • Role model elevated selling techniques and coach BT executive teams to use product training as an element of selling in partnership with WNM managers. • Work closely with Regional Ops team to ensure high level of customer service during delivery process. • Collaborate with Merchandise Execution to understand floor set-ups. • Work with District Visual Director and store to establish and maintain high level of merchandising execution and creative visual standards in all stores. • Train sales managers and sales team on SOCR system. • Utilize Macy’s metrics & reports to anticipate, identify, and follow up on store-execution based sales opportunities; identify best sellers and key items and communicate merchandise needs. • Coach Big Ticket team to review & utilize metrics to recognize top performers and identify areas of opportunity throughout the District. • Coach and train store on Special Order penetration opportunities.
• Work with Big Ticket teams on daily, weekly and monthly goal setting inclusive of all major events. • Provide direction to maximize Marketing Calendar including all storewide and specific BT events leveraging National market share events. • Monitor and recap sales trends and results. • Share best practices across districts and stores. • Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Qualifications: *
- Education/Experience: *
- * • Bachelor’s degree preferred. • 3-5 years’ experience in the retail industry a plus.
- Communication Skills: *
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instruction documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: *
- * • Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Reasoning Ability: *
- * • Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Physical Demands: *
- * • This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. • May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. • Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception and focus adjustment.
- Other Skills: *
- * • Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New York-Hicksville
Job: Store Management
Req ID: 91200191