Health First Polysomnographic Technologist - Cape Canaveral Hospital Sleep Lab, Full Time, Nights in Cocoa Beach, Florida
To be fully engaged in providing Quality / No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by: Providing optimal sleep disorder's patient care, in collaboration with the health care team, and assisting the Senior Technologist with training team members.
- Maintains the equipment in optimal condition, obtaining support when necessary.
- Provide sleep disorder technical services (record acquisition and scoring) appropriate to the age and condition of the patient and documents such per established sleep center protocols and policies.
- Assists the Sr. Technologist in implementing and evaluating newly hired technicians/technologists. Maintains a preceptor roll for night staff.
- Initiate and titrate therapy (supplemental oxygen and/or nasal positive airway pressure) based upon physicianÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s orders and established sleep center protocols, as demonstrated by review of the NPSG Technical Quality.
Accurate and appropriate patient charge entry, as demonstrated by audit/review of department charges.
Registered by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists.
- Must hold current AHA BLS Health care Providers Completion card prior to start date and maintain.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to relate well with all customers
- Demonstrates a knowledge of cardiorespiratory, neurological and sleep physiology
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, databases, e-mail and Internet
Organization: *Cape Canaveral Hospital
Title: Polysomnographic Technologist - Cape Canaveral Hospital Sleep Lab, Full Time, Nights
Location: Florida - Brevard County-Cocoa Beach
Requisition ID: 035322